Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation
Default Foie Gras

Probably my absolute favorite indulgence on the planet is the much maligned and often under-appreciated culinary masterpiece... foie gras.

This misunderstood dish is in my opinion, the pinnacle of French Cuisine. The rich, delicate flavors are something I have found in few other dishes. The depth and just overall yummyness of well prepared foie gras is unmatched. Couple that with the fact that I rarely get to eat this dish and it somehow takes on a magical quality for me.

Most places don't serve foie gras anymore and generally the only places that do are upscale places that I only dine at a couple times per year. That and the fact that the PETA-nazi's have pretty much turned it into the pariah of the food world... and its just hard to find nowadays.

However it truly is one of the greatest foods I've ever tasted. Can be cooked in so many different preparations and goes great with a good number of foods and how anyone can hate it is beyond me.

My personal favorite is lightly sauteed foie gras with a truffle leek sauce and some carmelized figgs on the side. Simply mouth-watering.

Any other fans of this delicacy?

LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote