Thread: Hefeweizens
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #17
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: Hefeweizens

Picked this up yesterday

The Virginia state seal is looking kinda butch and I'm not really sure what corn (or that phallus) has to do with anything but the side label reads:

Sic Semper Fermentue Terribilis: "Death to Bad Beer Always." The Virginia Hefeweizen is made with 100% German Weihenstephan Weizen yeast. Like the early German immigrants to central Virginia, we use American wheat to produce an authentic, unfiltered Hefeweizen beer. Enjoy banana ester production, phenols and clovelike characteristics. This is the best Hefe you've ever tried.

The last line is more like a jedi mind trick, because it wasn't the best I've ever tried. However, it was pretty good--despite the cheesy label--and was certainly yeasty with plenty of banana & clove. May have been a bit overhopped because it was slightly more bitter than I expected for the style. Not bad overall, though, and since it's a local brew, quite reasonably priced ($4/22oz.)

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote