View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 05:37 AM   #3
DEZn00ts
What? I didn't catch that

First Name: Xavier
Trading: (0)
DEZn00ts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Not getting My Humidity Beads For A Week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
Do you have any wood in the cooler? If not, don’t worry so much about the RH. Coolers hold humidity very well. The cigars will bring some humidity with them and you can always add more. Depending upon your location, it’s generally harder to lower RH than it is to raise it.

If you have wood (shelves, boxes, etc.) in the cooler, then that’s a different story — the wood needs to be seasoned (lots of threads here on the topic) before putting your cigars in the cooler.
No I don't have any wood but the humidity here in NW Indiana is pretty good but can fluctuate on any given day from 47 to 55. That's outside of the coolidor but inside it's usually above 60 for sure. If I put the sponge in there for a couple hours it will raise the humidity to anywhere from 72-85 but when that happens I usually take it out and let the Humidity drop. It will easily drop from that high 84-85 to 74 within an hour or two and steadily lower to 70-72 and keep that humidity for a good 2 days without dropping. The seal on the coolidor is excellent. Also, when do you think I should put the cigars in the coolidor since they already been in the freezer since Monday?