View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #20
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I'm going to Disneyworld!

If you stay at a resort, hope you like riding buses. They'll take you everywhere you want to go. My two favorites were Animal Kingdom and The Boardwalk. Giraffes and Zebras and other animals in the Animal Kingdom resort. The ferry takes you to Epcot from Boardwalk. Awesome clown pool, too.

Fastpasses are a MUST. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a ride. (They may say they're for a particular time, but they'll take them after.)

Also, go with a meal plan. You will have more food on it than you will ever eat. When we left, we had something like 36 snack credits left.

There's a deluxe plan-you have a choice of 'sit down" dining at fancy restaurants. The one in Wilderness Lodge was good, but the best meal I had personally was the steak house in the Canada section of Epcot.

We were some of the first people at Typhoon Lagoon, and some of the lifeguards came up and started talking to us before the gates opened. Right before the opening, they declared my twin boys "Big Kahunas", (family of the day) and we got the primo roped-off spot in the park for all day. They got to go around and see all the attractions before it opened, and all the staff gave them the "Hang 10" sign all day. They loved it.

(When you're at Epcot, catch Off-Kilter. Scottish rock band. There's a Beatles cover band that is great, as well)