View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
ZenSilk
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (8)
ZenSilk is on a distinguished road
Default Taboo Twist Robusto

Vitola: 5 x 54 Robusto
Origin: Taboo Cigars (not sure what country)
Wrapper: Barber Pole

The smell is a very light tobacco aroma, with a hint of grassy hay. When I clipped the bugger, the PL was a very spicy pepper, straight on, and just the PL draw left a spicy tinge in my mouth. The stick was very thick and full feeling, but also lightweight in the hand. The tobacco was scrunche din there with hardly any space that I could see. The wrapper was slightly oily and contained a good amount of large veins.

Burn: The burn was not perfect, but it kept relatively straight the whole way through.The ash is mostly grey and white.The smoke density was astounding; the greatest volume of smoke from a stogie I have ever seen.

First third: Upon lighting and first inhale, a blast of pepper. Plain, straight, spicy pepper. Not overpowering. This develops into a light grassy/hay flavor, with a very mellow creamy undertone. A light pepper stays the whole way through.

Second third: The development of the 2/3 is a bitter one, starting off very grassy and going towards a darker coffee. The pepper kicks up a notch, but stays mellow enough to enjoy. The grassy taste turns slightly bitter, along the lines of unripened bananas (very green taste) which I did not enjoy too much but the pepper and underlying cream kept it smooth.

Third third: Development into the 3/3 is undeniably the greatest part of this smoke, and one of the experiences of my smoking endeavors. There is a delicious blast of coffee, and the peppery spice drops out completely. The pepper is replaced by a heavy and delicious heavy cream. The coffee and cream flavor is along the lines of a French Roast with a generous dash of heavy Whipping cream. This mix of flavors is the most perfect thing I could ask for in a cigar, I'm a sucker for cocoas, coffees, and definitely creams. The 3/3 burns very slow, so this enjoyable fraction of the cigar lasts roughly half an hour before reaching the middle of the 3/3. AT this point the pepper comes back, but only as an undertone to the cream and coffee. At the end of the 3/3, a bittersweet cocoa flavor overpowers the coffee and the pepper overwhelms the cream, leaving a powerful end to a very enjoyable third.

Overall: This cigar starts out mild with light Connecticut flavors of tobacco and hay, and a pepper stays throughout almost the whole cigar. The 3/3 is undeniably the best part of this smoke, and in itself is worth double what I payed for this whole stick! This is a very good smoke that starts out mild and peppery and end in a finale of the most delicious cream profile I could imagine. I would definitely recommend this cigar, especially for it's price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment-36.jpg (38.7 KB, 226 views)
ZenSilk is offline   Reply With Quote