View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #47
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need some computer building geek help, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostark374 View Post
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130274
this is the mother board im running ..it has 7 sata ports and i love this board... no built in video but for the card you looking to run the crossfire wont help much with the asus onboard video.
also i noticed you picked a sata 3 hard drive why not a sata 6 since the new board will support it?
im an x-asus fanboy and since i went msi im so much happier
might look at this as a sub for the video card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102913
Nice mobo. If it had onboard video, and 2.1 pci x16, I'd have switched in a minute. I'm an asus/corsair/amd fanboi, but msi is good stuff.
I need 3 or four monitor support, I don't game, it means nothing to me. The 6870 is awesome (the 6870 vapor x is awesomer), but for another 80 bucks, it just gives me more of what I don't need. If anything, I'll downgrade my card. I settled for something decent and reliable is all. I saw the 6870 and even carted it at one point cause I thought the price was great.
On the hdd's (I carted two), it was just cost and brand. I don't need the speed there, either. No use for it. I'm retired, I'm not in a big hurry. Ever.
I went and carted a pci express sata card, and I'm absolutely dreading trying to get it to work.
I think I may go look through the msi stuff a bit closer and see if I can find something.
Thank You!!!