View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #10
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Too Quiet Around Here... (open thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell987 View Post
I was going to try blending the two "aromatic" blends that I currently have - "very cherry" and "vanilla" into cherry vanilla (seems to make sense).

You noted that you will keep the new blend of tobaccos in the ziplock for 7 days...Would it work to just take some of each tobacco, mix them together and fill the pipe? Or is it recommended that to truly "blend" the flavors, the tobaccos should have time to rest together?

Well, I should mention that I have zero prior experience with blending. But, my thinking was that giving them some time together in a somewhat closed system would help the flavors and essence to meld together some. I've got at least 7-10 bowls worth, so I'll try it at a week, and then hopefully at weekly intervals and see how it goes. I've got a sweet tasting natural tobacco, and then a sweet cased tobacco, I'm hoping for good results, but we'll see.

it may turn out to be better with a sweet and a not so sweet. But that's the whole point right? try something, and learn from the results. I'll put updates in this thread as the times come
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote