Thread: Punch or Cut?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #77
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Punch or Cut?

Cranial Screw Top, of course.

I developed it after watching with horror what some people did to the caps of their cigars, lopping off 1/8" or more. I frequently see people cutting off almost the entire cap to the cigar. I've found that cutting a cigar this way leaves a nice intact cap and reduces the amount of unraveling problems I had before using this method.

Step one:
Find a cigar that has a nice rounded cap for best results. Will not work on torpedo or belicoso cigars, though I confess I have never tried.

Step two:
Place cutter gently and barely into the sides of the top of cap. While holding the cutter there, rotate the cigar.

Step three:
Peel off the cap. The cap should just pop off with the cutter, I left a tad bit uncut to show that the cap is coming off but there was no filler cut at all.

Final result:
Should be a very clean cut of just the cap without destroying any filler and leaving the remainder of the cap intact to avoid unraveling of the wrapper.

And you get bonus satisfaction points for knowing where the name comes from. :groucho:
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote