View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flake tobaccos ???

Interesting to read this now, after a few months. Thought I'd make a comment.

What McClelland often calls a flake, is actually more a broken flake. What I mean is that when you compare it to flakes from other companies, there is a huge difference.

G&H, Sam Gawith, Stokkebye, Esoterica, Rattrays, and others have flakes that come in whole and intact, though varied in size, of tobaccos "flakes" cut off the original brick. It is very obvious that they are flakes.

On the other hand, McClelland appears to take their whole slices from their bricks and break their flakes into smaller pieces. They are not cut into square pieces, but broken up into smaller "flakes" of varying sizes. Hence, I have come to call them broken flakes rather than flakes.

Just some random musings.

Peace of the Lord be with you.