View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 11:20 AM   #7
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Cruise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill View Post
I took my first cruise back in '89 on what was then NCL's newest ship, the Seaward. I've been cruising ever since. I honestly have no clue as to how many I've taken though I'm Platinum level on two lines. I'd guess I've been on around 40 or so. The industry has really changed since my first cruise.

Recently we've started to try the riverboat cruises. We actually had one scheduled when the rona virus hit and it was canceled. Since then I'm taking a wait and see approach.

When I do eventually book something again it'll probably a Mexican Riviera trip out of Long Beach or L.A. That's an easy drive for us from Vegas and we always enjoy Mexico. Not in any hurry though. Being quarantined on a ship isn't on my bucket list.

If things ever really do get back to normal I'll look at South America and possibly one to the Orient. That's a big if at this point.
Our Rhine River cruise on Viking was last November. It was really enjoyable. The boat was only at just over 50% capacity so it had a much more intimate feel than usual. We got to hit some Christmas markets (proof of vax required to enter) which was great. And it was over Thanksgiving so they even did Thanksgiving dinner for us including some of the best turkey I've ever had.