View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 07:56 AM   #2604
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailTheBrownLeaf View Post
Shhh...I'm trying to learn patience.

At least I know (by their own verbal admission when I was in there on Monday talking with the owner in their walk-in humidor) that my local B&M sells their sticks pretty moist. So I'm trying to be patient for at least a few weeks, and am attempting to let my Boveda packs in my ziplock baggies do their thing.

Which brings me to another question. I know that once I get my Tuppador (hopefully next month) up and going that I will need to "burp" (or leave it open for like an hour) once a week to let the gasses out and let fresh air in.

No leave everything sealed until you are going to smoke something. The only thing opening a humidor, winador, tuppador, etc., does is change the humidity.

Should I open my ziplocks to let gasses out or fresh air in once a week (until I get my Tuppador) or do I just leave them sealed with my sticks and Boveda inside and open them only if I want a cigar??

Same as above, no need to open anything.
Some comments inline.

Also if your B&M sells the sticks too moist you might actually want to dry box them for a bit so they actually come down in humidity and aren't too wet for you. There are many threads on dry boxing here.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote