View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #194
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I have seen some pics on this site of labeled cigars. I did a search and found what people use to label them (napkin rings, p-touch, blank labels,..etc) but not why. I have always been the buy, cut, smoke, repeat type, turning my small humidor over every 4-6 weeks. I have just graduated to a cabinet and plan on keeping more cigars for longer. So i'm wondering why people label their cigars, What info they place on the label, and is this something everyone storing cigars should do? Or is it only practiced by anal retentive types?
Personally I don't label everything, just cigars I want to remember what they are or when they were made. Like dates or box codes from cuban cigars or unlabeled non-cuban cigars like AVO LE07. Some people will label cigars that they are gifted or bombed by other members to remind them of who gave it to them when they smoke it down the road. I find it curteous to label cigars that I send to other people if there might be a question of what it is. Sometimes I just write in on the 5 finger bag or will add a white label to it.

Its really your decision in the end, but when you delve further into the world of cigars and store them for long periods of time it will be much easier to look at a label than trying to remember what the cigar is and who you recieved it from.