Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #73
Nabinger16
Drowning Ex Gorilla

First Name: Trent
Trading: (8)
Partagas
Nabinger16 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sleep Apnea Support/Questions Thread

Hi... My name is Trent and I have severe sleep apnea. I now realize I've had sleep apnea since I was a young child. I've always snored excessively and always had trouble staying awake while in school. I had a sleep study done about a year ago which revealed an AHI of 97 in a 4 hour sleep sample. According to the tech, I actually stopped breathing over 400 times for varying durations during the 4 hour sample. My SpO2 dropped to a low of 74%. After the official diagnosis I was placed on CPAP with a relatively low pressure of 8. I had a septoplasty to correct a deviated septum about 7 months ago, and was switched to APAP post surgical.

Now... I would pity the poor fool that would have the grapes to attempt to take my APAP!! I've had 100% compliance since I've been able to tolerate it after the surgery. I use a ResMed Micro Mirage mask with complete success. My AHI is down to 3.4. I haven't fallen asleep while driving since my diagnosis/treatment. I have a ton more energy, and my fiance's absolute favorite... I don't snore!!! I look at my life as before CPAP and after CPAP. Sleep apnea is truly a life altering condition that most people that have it, don't even realize they suffer from it. You don't realize how bad it is until you can experience life without it.
Nabinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote