View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 11:41 PM   #3
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Challenger, Thirty Years Ago?

I lived in Satellite Beach, yup named that because of our proximity to Canaveral / Kennedy. I was actually on the beach watching it when it blew up, had to ride my bike home right away to turn on the news, we all knew something happened, we had seen all the launches before that and ... it was quite different. The explosion was incredible and the shockwave shook the ground for a few seconds, everything was shaking and rattling.

While watching it on the news I was looking out our front window and you could see the pieces falling from the sky, the little contrails spiraling down, we lived about 1/2 mile from the beach, they had a lot of the beaches closed off while they collected pieces that washed up, one of the helmets that washed up and was in all the papers was found right behind a friend's house, Patrick Air Force Base was a couple miles from the house, that's where they brought all the pieces and assembled them in one of the hangers. That accident really shut down all the towns along the beach, most people either were in the Air Force or worked at Kennedy, a lot of people were out of work for a long time.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote