View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #10
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Natural Flea Deterrent Products Request....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
I've used trifexis for several years. It's prescription only. We are moving away from it though because it's so hard of a pill to get our dog to take. It's large and smell weird even to humans. Our dog has become increasingly stubborn about taking it as he ages

I can't help with the rest of your needs if you natural products. However I am a licensed pest applicator and if you want info I what I use in my own home feel free to PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Trifexis here also. We get the prescript from the vet and order it via Petmeds. Cheaper that way. Well, my wife does it, but I do believe Petmeds requires a copy of the prescript to make the sale. (Knock on wood) Not a flea in sight for years, even when take our dog around other dogs and other homes. Good luck, Mark!

Thanks for the Trifexis information guys. Guess I worry about possible liver/kidney issues with a systemic for animals. I'm sure nothing has happened to your dogs to date and that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaga View Post
Try looking up the use of Borax if you still have them jumping around your carpets. Be careful if you have cats though. Here's one:

http://www.thebugsquad.com/fleas/borax-fleas/

Thanks Rick and that's a great article! I'll follow that up if we get a flea issue next time. I vacuumed heavily in areas after removing the dogs, not to mention washing every piece of bedding that they've come into contact with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#2 View Post
Never used Trifexis, but some people have reported bad side effects while other people swear it is safe. Just wanted to put it out there, do a search for recent news.

We use Advantage. I don't really like the topical stuff either, so when my dog gets a flee, we use it for 3-4 months and then stop. Seems to work quickly. I then just vacuum and wash everything. I usually wait 48 hours to wash his bedding figuring I want the flees to jump on him so they die. At that point, he is a walking flee killer anyway.
Yeah, I'll have to perform a little background on the Trifexis for a current update. Agreed, its on a case by case basis wherein some dogs are not and other may be effected by the product.

Thanks Aaron

I'm sure dipping them both in a 55 gal drum of Malathion wouldn't hurt too