View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
darb85

Default Re: any cyclists/roadies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
Just started this year (to start doing sprint tris). Got a trek 1.2. Good beginner bike for me, not knowing how I was going to like it...I LOVE it. I'm already doing my second tri this coming Sat. (my first was July 11th). I may step up to Olympic distance next year, with my eye on a half iron within a few years, and dreaming of being able to train to do THE Ironman...Hawaii.

I've never had a bike this nice before, and I realize that having a good bike makes a HUGE difference in your enjoyment of riding. I'm thinking that I'll potentially do some duathlons, too. The ride on my bike is so smooth. I just need to incrementally upgrade components on it, though. It's a good start, I feel, though.

Question for you guys...when I ride, I tend to get some numbness in the outside of my hand and middle-pinkie fingers. How much of a difference would gloves make? Or would I be better off in getting some arrows?

Gloves will help, However, Sounds like you need to have the bike adjusted a bit for you. were you fit on the bike when you bought it? go in To your shop and tell them whats going on and they will probably be able to adjust it to help rid this problem