View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #21
falconman515
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Chris
Trading: (35)
JL
falconman515 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Here's some pics of whats going on behind the trays at the moment as far as humidity and air products.

I have 2 large 4x12 bags of KL toward the bottom (bottom one is pretty moist with DW, the second big one is lightly sprayed throughout the outer gab on the surface) and 2 3x8 bags in the top middle and top (the middle one is very lightly sprayed to keep some Rh up top and to also sit in front of the fan and capture some of the cold air moisture coming off the fan at all times, and the top bag is dry... this will pull some of the Rh up doing this from what I have read). At the moment there is about a 2% difference from the bottom and top Caliber III hygros.

The Oust fan lays Perfectly in the rounded groove of the rack and has a slight angle pointed outward up which is Perfect! I may buy another to put on the same shelf to point up to the right (and stagger the on off cycle of the two fans so one is pulling while the other is off for more airflow more of the time). I thought I was going to have to maybe zip tie this to hold and point where I want but it lays there exactly how I wanted it too.

I have some ties on the back rack so there is more support in the middle of the media bags (not sure if you can see the black ties in the middle left and right back of the wire shelf holding up more of the bag).

And of course the electric tape on the drain that is working like a charm so far and is not letting any Rh out and there is pretty much NO condensation coming off the unit (which is good considering its over 100 here and around 80 where the cooler is). I got advice from another local BOTL to use craft glue as it wont stick and ruin the plastic or pipe and can be peeled of easy (may need a little swab of alcohol to help remove if needed).

I hope this helps your future build.

falconman515 is offline   Reply With Quote