Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timj219 View Post
My char griller has a firebox on the side so I don't need the firebricks for that but I still think I'm going to get some. Looking at the pictures it occurred to me they would be great for when I only want to grill a few things for the wife and me. The char griller is so huge that I feel like I don't get the full heat out of my charcoal when I'm using a small fire. The bricks would stop the coals from wasting their heat on the whole grill right? Especially if I wrapped foil around them.
No.

The firebricks simply work as a small heatsink and buffer for the heat. Unless you are going to build a wall of them inside your grill that stretches from the bottom, through the grate and to the top of the lid, they won't do anything along the lines of what you are looking for.

Also, wrapping a firebrick in aluminum is not only unnecessary, but it is also defeating the purpose of the material.

I would recommend that you swtich to a hotter burning fuel for your situation, like some of the natural lump hardwoods that burn 150+F hotter than KF. Or pick up a smaller grill for those times when you want high heat and don't have much to cook on it.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote