View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #177
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
I am taking over the production and sale of Shilala's beads from Scott. I don't have any pucks, but these beads are prepackaged in bags of various sizes that lay in your humindor and work very well at stabilizing and maintaining the RH.

The web site is not complete, but you can take a look at what is there so far, which also includes a calculator: Shilala's Beads (www.shilalasbeads.com).

These beads have many very small, uniform pores so their ability to hold moisture is much greater than other beads. They also do not absorb particles from air (or water) so they stay clean. They will absorb free ammonia (given off by all cigars, but particularly NC's), but even the amount of ammonia is so small that it will not "taint" the beads.

The beads themselves are inert, so they contain no harmful chemicals or toxins. If cared for properly, they will last forever. Proper care: don't immerse in water (not a chemical reaction, just friction which causes extreme heat).

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
These sound interesting. Have you used Heartfelt beads before? If so, how would you compare the two? I would like to learn more about these.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote