View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #25
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Starting to have issues with the Vino's RH lately....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
I replaced the battery and I noticed that the display on the hygro is WAY brigher now. So maybe the low battery was lagging on the RH reading. So we will see.

Also to add this, I just smoked a stick that I have multiple of and it seems hard to draw from. Before it wasnt, but now I seem to be having an issue with it. So that does lead me to say the RH was off... Are these going to recover?
How long have you noticed the fluctuations? I have smoked 5 from the same box that all smoked a little different.

As bobarian said the sticks are most likely fine. If you are that worried about it I would try throwing them in a zip lock bag with the hygro to see what the sticks are reading as he also suggested. With it fluctuating so much i bet the rh of the sticks is right where you want them in the 63-67 range.

What is the rh like in the room of where the vino is? Mine is in the basement and the humidity got up to around 80% down there. the rh in my vino started to rise so i threw in a dehumidifier and that solved the problem.