View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #27
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: whiskey, cognac, brandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
Johnny, sorry we posted at the same time. I only wish you were in Bay Area, I'd be happy to pop a couple of my favorites for you. Courvoisier is definitely not one of them.

If you have a nearby shop with an online catalog I'd be happy to see what you can try. As is, I have a nice VS bottle that I brought back from Boston years ago (a few actually) made by a very small house, quality wise it will easily "kill" anything at double and triple the price from the "industrial" houses, I paid $20 each for them. There are some great buys, but you need to know what to buy.

I also have some Ferrand, Deret and need to re-stock on Gourmel. Are you planning on attending any Bay Area herfs?

If you feel like it, there is a Petrossin Bar right off the main entrance (check in) to Bellagio, piano bar. If you can afford it (and I don't mean it in any derogatory way, economy is tough), they do serve basic Gourmel by the glass. They also allow cigar smoking and I bring my own.

But I am also sure that if they serve Gourmel at Bellagio, then some local liquor shop must have it at retail.
Thanks for the input!

You did not say anything about the other bottle I have. The St-Remy French Napoleon Brandy V.S.O.P., Is it a decent brandy?