View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mosca's Chicken a la Grande

Well, came home and made this tonight. KILLED IT. Although i do not particularly care for the pasta
I cooked up to pair with it, the little round tubes, the meat itself was just PERFECT! The photo I led
off with was the actual restaurant dish as shot in the place itself, I think. This photo is 'live', and
still cooling on the counter.

I browned the chicken in a pot, then scraped down the 'gratin' in the oil to free it from the pan, mixed
in the dry spices, mixed thoroughly in the pot, added the wine, brought it to a rippling boil, then poured
it out over the chicken I had sitting in a large pyrex baking dish. I put it in the oven on the lowest rack
under the broiler and about every 10 minutes, spooned the juice over the pieces of chicken. It really
stayed hot, cooked the chicken fork tender, and gave me the perfect crusty brown color. I could have
let it get browner for more flavor, but I was HUNGRY. Also, it should be noted I took a short cut
since I had little cash with me on the way home from work. I had money for wine or fresh garlic, and
I had garlic powder at home. So I made the tough call and went with powder. It affects the look
a lot, the flavor some, and ME none at all. MAKE THIS DISH!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7414.jpg (115.1 KB, 2284 views)

Last edited by OLS; 09-23-2011 at 05:48 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote