View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default La Sirena sea spirit

La Sirena is the latest addition to the My Father cigars portfolio. The cigar was released right after I returned from Miami in november 2010 and it is not available in The Netherlands yet, but thanks to a friend I got my hands on this 5½x42 corona sized smoke called the Sea Sprite. The La Sirena is named after the legendary mermaids. It is made from a Nicaraguan criollo 98 and Nicaraguan corojo 96 filler with a double binder, a Nicaraguan corojo and a Nicaraguan habano with a Nicaraguan Connecticut broadleaf wrapper.

The first thing I notice is the huge cigar band, it covers at least half the cigar. The wrapper is dry and dark with one thing but long vein. The construction feels good. I smell a strong horse stable smell. The predraw is good and tastes like tobacco.

I taste a spicy coffee with some chocolate like sweetness. After half an inch the coffee disappears. The chocolate like sweetness remains with some dry herbs and wood. The chocolate slowly grows in strength with some herbs. I taste some spice on my palate.

The chocolate disappears, the cigar gets more of a wood flavor with a unique mixture of herbs. Halfway the chocolate returns again. After two thirds I taste a lot of herbs with pepper and a sweetness. The wood and chocolate have gone. Near the end I taste some wood and coffee again.

This cigar lasted me for ninety minutes. I got a decent amount of smoke. The draw is great, just like the burn. The ash is light colored and firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied. I thought it was more subtle than any other Don Pepin cigar I smoked so far.

Would I buy this cigar again? Most likely.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10