Thread: Old faithful
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Old faithful

If you we're to pick a tobacco to fill your pipe which you know you would enjoy without much thought about your smoking it, that "old faithful" tobacco which always seems to satisfy, or just simply makes you comfortable, what would it be?

Or maybe you a couple tobaccos which you would call "old faithful"?

My first is Gawith & Hoggarth Louisiana Flake. When I light it up around either of my boys, it reminds them of Salmon fishing in the streams.

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake would be my next one.

I have a stash cellared of all my regular rotation blends, might they fit the bill??? Possibly. I guess I'd call them the regulars, those that I "go to." I have found that in pipe tobaccos, I am not really into a whole lot of experimentation anymore, I am confident in what I like. I have tried enough blends in the last 30 years that I'm pretty content to smoke those blends which make up my "cellar" and not really veer much outside that in experimentation anymore.

What is in that list?
Escudo;
C&D - Plantation Evening, Bow-legged Bear, Back Porch, Night Train;
Rattray's - Hal 'O the Wind, Marlin Flake, Old Gowrie;
Gawith &Hoggarth - Louisiana Flake, Bright CR Flake, Mixture #12, Bob's Chocolate Flake;
Samuel Gawith - Full VA Flake, St. James Flake;
McClelland - 2050, 5100;
Dan Tobacco - Hamborger Veermaster;
Esoterica - Dorchester, Stonehaven, Penzance.

So what is your "old faithful"? What are your "staples" or your "go to" blends?

Peace of the Lord be with you.