View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cheap alternatives to "cigar" beads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
I didnt expect the intense negativity here... just looking for an alternative. bobarian, cat pee = liquid = humidity.

they are made of the same stuff, what is the difference? Please educate me, nicely.
I don't think anyone is trying to be negative, I think they are speaking from experience. Cat litter absorbs humidity, it does not release it.

If you have only a few dollars invested in cigars, then cat litter may work for a short while. If you have a more sizable investment, all we're saying is protect that investment by spending a few bucks more to do it right.

I experimented with the crystal cat litter (unscented) a year or so ago. It does not remotely compare to a quality bead. We are not trying to line anyone's pockets here, but go to a reputable dealer for a reputable product.
I myself am the pround owner of 3 pounds of Shilala beads and will go nowhere else when I require more.

Do what you think is best, but I think the comments you see are the voices of experience.
14holestogie is offline   Reply With Quote