Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lil Monster reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Looks like I will get to re-do the Lil Monster reviews in 6 months thanks to Black Coral (John), Larry (Ogre) and the FLA Crew.
OK, took 8 1/2 months, but I finally broke open the "rested" Lil Monster stash tonight.

First up was the Lil Drac, the last one I smoked on the first go-round.

The pepper has faded, so that is the good. So has the complexity, that was the bad. Most of the cigar was a mild, mainly straight tobacco profile. About half way through I got an unpleasant sour flavor for a bit, which thankfully faded after a few minutes. Got one of the strangest flavors I have ever gotten from a cigar at another point, tasted like a McDonalds regular hamburger. Unfortunately, I don't like McDonalds.

Frankly, I remember enjoying the Lil Drac more when it was "fresh"....though I am not a big fan of pepper, it smoothed out with some decent complexity last time, and all the things that were enjoyable about it last time were gone.

So far, the theory that resting these for 6 (or more) months will improve them isn't holding true for me.

I will try to get to the next one early next week.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote