View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #68
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaster25 View Post
The facts are that Green Bay mostly only runs the ball when they need to run time off of the clock and so far there has been no problem doing that.
They've let teams sneak back into games all season due to the lack of ability to eat up the clock coupled with a porous defense. How many times have they been bailed about by a timely interception with their backs against the wall? Sorry, I'm not nearly as confident as you seem to be in that continuing. At some point, the clock strikes midnight.
Quote:
The Packers have scored the most points in the league and are 23rd in the league in plays from scrimmage. Anytime a team can score that fast the other team is going to have more tries to score points therefore are going to.
That's why it's vital to have a player of Lynch's caliber (it doesn't even have to be Lynch; but it's vital to have that be part of your arsenal if you're going to call off the dogs like the Packers do) to protect the leads (and the defense) built up by grinding out some first downs on the ground and chewing up the clock. That isn't happening so it is giving teams new life every week.
Quote:
Last we are Packers fans why complain and argue about what could have been when obviously something is going right nothing should take the focus away from the amazing season that they have had, just enjoy it like the rest of us.
I am enjoying it, but as I said earlier, this is a problem with the organization that I have that stems from last season, and magnified by the fact that they took a runningback with the pick that Buffalo asked for in return. I apologize if I can't/won't blindly follow lockstep and not voice a disagreement when one arises. I watched as Ron Wolf became bulletproof because of assembling a team that made it to two Super Bowls, but yet completely mismanaged the team from the late 90's onward (poor draft selections, poor free agent acquisitions, the handling of Mike Holmgren, poor coaching hirings) up until the time he bumbled the reins over to Mike Sherman.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote