View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #62
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaster25 View Post
Packers are second in the league in First downs per game.
That's great. Still doesn't detract from my argument. The Packers don't have a runningback (or a collection of runningbacks) that they can hand the ball off to late in the game to chew up the clock and protect the lead/defense. Marshawn Lynch is that kind of back, as he showed (yet again) on Monday night.
Quote:
If Marshawn Lynch was a Packer he wouldn't have anywhere near 225 carries this season.
I don't know how you can come to that conclusion since Grant/Starks have combined for more attempts this season than Lynch. It's not a stretch to project him having somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 carries at this point in the season. Just to take it a step further, in 2009 when the Packers had a primary back (Grant), he had 282 carries with Rodgers attempting more passes per game than he is on pace for this season. Lynch would've filled that roll perfectly, and done it better than Grant did in 2009.
Quote:
Green Bay is a passing team who has the best receiver corps in the League.
No argument here.
Quote:
I don't understand the obesession with Lynch he is barely a top 10 running back
Yeah, because God forbid the Packers have a (young) top ten runningback at their disposal that actually would've saved the team $1.5 million dollars this season. What am I thinking?
Quote:
and he is better suited at a team who needs a runing back.
I would love to know how Grant/Starks are better suited to this team, when Lynch literally does everything better on the football field than either one.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote