View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #27
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: So I picked up a cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!

I once decided that two 70 quart coolers was big enough!!

OMG Where has all the space gone? I'm up to five 70 quart coolers, and they are all full! BTW, The discussion about not need any extra humidification inside the cooler is pretty much spot-on, unless you are in a really dry climate. I used to run two water pillows in my 70 quarts along with a pound or so of beads...... After finding mold on my maduros a couple of times, I pulled out ALL but the 65% beads. Now, they are rock solid, and need little attention. I went with the 70 quart size, mainly because they are much easier for me to stash in the back of a closet (under stairwell), they lessen the chance that an old fart like me will pull out my back moving them around, and I don't have to dig as deep to see all that I have in each cooler.

Just remember: Big enough IS NEVER enough!!!
It wasn't a size choice *that's what she said*....

120 quart cooler = $52
150 quart cooler = $80

30 more quarts for ~$30-$34 after tax. Just not worth it to me, cuts into my cigar $$$. That and I'm currently unemployed as of ...2 days ago.

Price decision, that and I have my desktop in my closet and the 120 fits in my closet as well, the 150 probably wouldn't. My entire floor is humidors.

I'm still quite young I don't mind hauling around the 120's.

P.S my 120 quart with 2 lbs of beads is holding a solid 64 RH...I'm very happy. My humidor eh 62 RH but to me I'm satisfied with both. Now I need a 2nd Digital Hygro.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote