View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 09:00 AM   #7361
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Trading: (4)
Razorhog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What cigar did you smoke today VI?

My Father La Gran Oferta, Lancero

Few days ago I smoked one of these. What a beautiful cigar. This started off as a typical Garcia creation, with plenty of pepper and spice. (Although I think this was my first Jamie) Chocolate and even a bit fruity on the first third. 2nd third was about the same but changed gears when the spice became less prominent. Other flavors were starting to make themselves known in the final 3rd when it just went south. Had burn issues and then wouldn't stay lit. Didn't smoke much of the final 3rd. A disappointment for a $12 stick, but I want to give them another shot based on the first half being so yummy.

Yesterday whilst doing yard work I pulled an old stogie from the jungle days. Most of my sticks are about 10 years old in fact. This particular cigar had a generic white band with "JFR 107" handwritten on it. Cap had a pigtail and what I think to be a Corojo wrapper. It was a great smoke. Perfect burn until the final 3rd.

I have a lot of yard work so when that one was done, I fired up a Flor de Oliva Giant. Sugar cap, decent flavor and a nice white ash with a perfect burn. No flavor change throughout, but it's a good smoke for the money.