View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 07:45 AM   #3495
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: What beers are you enjoying II?

After seeing so many crossovers between whiskey and beer, this one sounds pretty interesting and relatively unique, love the attention they're giving to the history. This is going to be the first release Weldwerks is allowing proxy pickup so I think there's a good chance I won't be able to buy any (you purchase tickets ahead of time then pick up at the brewery) but still a cool idea, I'll give it a try

DOUBLE BARREL 1910 MEDIANOCHE
When Old Forester® released their 1910 bourbon in late 2018, we quickly fell in love and it has become one of our favorites. After we managed to secure a few of the casks used to produce 1910, we knew we wanted to incorporate the same double barrel technique Old Forester uses to produce their unique bourbon. The journey began by aging Medianoche in four freshly emptied 6-11 year-old Kentucky bourbon barrels for 12 months, which feature a heavy toast and light char, identical to the initial casks used for 1910. Then we racked each Medianoche bourbon barrel into a freshly emptied Old Forester 1910 barrel, which are heavily charred and lightly toasted casks used to finish mature Old Forester bourbon for six to nine months. Mirroring their process, this batch of Medianoche was finished in the 1910 barrels for nine months, resulting in over 21 months of barrel aging between the two casks.

13.5% ABV. Available in 22 oz bottles to-go for $28 each, with a limit of 2 bottles per person.