View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 10:27 AM   #1
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up 2018 Leche de Mama Original

CigarFed Leche de Mama Original - have had some of these since 2018, spectacular cigar imo. These were very nice when I first got them but with a year and a half of rest/age has undoubtedly allowed them to shine much much more.

Starts out similar to a DPG Black (which is probably one of the reasons I love this smoke so much) nice white pepper and a just a wonderful faint sweet milk note that is hard to place...but yeah definitely similar to DPG Black. Body bounces between medium-full to full.

2/3 the pepper recedes greatly and mostly greeted with creamy vanilla & marshmallow notes. The cigar never strays too far from this profile, which I would think would lead some to label it as a one trick pony...but if that pony's trick is to taste like a decadent vanilla milkshake being sipped by an athletic curvy college cheerleader that wears lotion that also smells like vanilla? Well, let's just say...I dig a pony. (Forgive the Beatles reference.)

In the final lap, the last 3rd it actually changes up quite a bit. There is a very nice sweet grassy note that comes in to play. Still *very* creamy but the vanilla notes definitely give way to the sweet grass, and there is also a nice caramel that makes its first appearance towards the end of the cigar. The white pepper grows a bit heavier at this point as well but is well matched by a delectable carousel of cream, grass and caramel. Smoking this one to the nub for sure.

There are lots of great cigars out there to choose from, and I find that more often than not, I am impressed by most blends I come across. However, every so often you find a blend that just really speaks to you and for me, Leche de Mama is one of those special cigars. If you've made it this far, I'd like to say thanks for reading my review and I hope that you get to smoke one of those special kinds of cigars yourself over the holidays.
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote