Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: dipping sauces

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
See, the "hot as we can make/eat" it thing is completely lost on me. Does it actually taste good?
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montano View Post
I don't like the taste of just HOT. I has to be hot and also have a good flavor. It really does make bland food taste much better. The more hot you eat, the easier it gets. I remember when I was a youngster, I thought jalapenos were the hottest thing in the world. Now they taste like candy
(Nick that is)

Peppers, for the most part, each have a rather distinctive flavor. The Habenero and Jolokia, and to a lesser extent, the Thai chile, each have a totally unique flavor and nothing else in this world tastes like them.

Are they hot? Absolutely. But cooking with peppers isn't about torturing your tongue, it's about unique flavors and balances. You don't need to grind ten habeneros into a dish, when one will do.

Here, try this recipe and you'll understand.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

Use a good vanilla ice cream - something rich and creamy: Bud's, Double Rainbow, Swenson's, Dryers, Crystal, Bryers... not the cheap store brand crap. Plain Vanilla (with or without bean flecks, personal choice - I prefer with, as it has a stronger flavor) works best, but French Vanilla will do too.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote