View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 04:18 PM   #7
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Christmas humidity question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
Hi Michael and Merry Xmas!

Do you have a cooler with a good seal? That would probably be ideal for this. I have a marine one that is also well insulated. I just put in a wide-mouth cup with distilled into the cooler when holding cigars in there. If going to long term, add beads. This is how I do my 300 and 500 count desktops as well.

If you are just moving boxes around for a half hour or so, I wouldn't worry. If you plan to go longer than that, then I would by some large (2 gallon or larger) zip lock bags for holding them while they are out, provided you do not have a cooler handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I think you’re worrying about short term changes more than it’s worth. Those cigars travelled in a cargo ship on the ocean to get here and didn’t crack.

Tap water has different amounts of minerals and sediment in it in different locations. So, it may leave a residue on the heating element or on room surfaces ( for humidifiers that don’t use heat ). Or not. Try it and if it causes a problem for you, switch to distilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I agree with Mr. Mark, I'll do a big reorganization once every few months and pull everything out of a large cabinet for over an hour. Cigars are resilient, that won't hurt them in any short period of time. Good advice from him also if you need a long term solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I agree with Tom agreeing with Mark.

Cigars are very resilient, sitting outside the cooler shouldn't be an issue in most cases.

Merry Christmas!
This