View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #33
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
I was thinking that as well, Cole. A 50+ field goal shouldn't have a penalty for a miss.

That was a lot of reading for the waiver rules... I like the idea of the auction, we do that in another league I'm in and it works well. If yahoo does not have functionality for it though, Scott is right and it would be way too much work. I'm also not a fan of waivers in general as it gives certain teams an advantage when diligence should be its own reward. We could move back the time on FA availability to tues. afternoon or wed. morning to allow more of a chance for everyone to take a look at the pool instead of just opening it up at 8 AM. Just an idea.
Sorry...that was a lot of talk about waivers!! lol.
I am cool with these three waiver options:

1.) a cap of 30 (as Scott suggested) and anything over results in troop sticks
2.) Not allowing waiver pickups until 2 days after the games are played (so Tuesday morning)...then have it be a free for all like in the past
3.) The auction process of buying guys on waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Cole, I don't think any of those tweaks require a discussion or a vote. They're just minor compared to how drastically we overhauled the scoring, and they are all excellent ideas that I'm sure nobody will be upset about.
I think you can make all those changes yourself, I gave you Co-Commissioner access. I wanted to make us both commissioners but it wouldn't let me. I have no idea if there's any access restrictions for co-commisioners, but this would be a great time for you to check it out.

So far as the waiver cap goes, let's start high, see how it works out, and decrease it after we say how it plays in? I'm thinking 2 a week is more than reasonable, so how about 35?
I know Weeze's league gets 10, but they can get an unlimited amount if they pay for them. That'd be an awesome way to get troop cigars, but we don't have that ability in Yahoo, I don't believe. Meaning I don't think we can add waiver moves to individual teams at will.
But we COULD set waivers at unlimited because it shows how many moves guys make. After ten we could charge 5 or 10 troop smokes for each waiver move. Something like that would need to be put up for a vote, though.
So why don't we start at 30ish, then see what the guys say if we ever get everyone signed up and involved?
I checked the site, I can make changes, and basically by you giving me co-commish rights, I can change all settings...the only thing I cannot do is "give" commish rights to anyone else, that's only you...but we should be good.

I'll make the scoring changes here soon on the site to do what we think about the bonuses and missed FGs. If anyone has any problems or reservations about those changes, it is a simple fix to change them back