Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace View Post
I just read though this thread and I have to say you guys have me pumped up for working out tonight. I am more into the cardio and light weights cuz that is what I was told to do to burn up fat, is that right?

I shoot for 35-50 mins on the eliptical machine followed by 3-5 sets 50%max with 20-30 reps with 1 minute or less between sets. Every other day I run about 3 miles for a morning cardio. With my workouts I am trying to burn fat. Since I really started I lost almost 40 lbs in like 3 months.

I also started eating better. I try for 180-200 grams of protein a day. Sundays are my off days no workout/ eat whatever/ just strech. I am shooting for 185-190 lbs before I start changing the workout to grow me some show me muscles.

Any advice on weather or not this good would be very helpful. Thanks.

The cardio and light lifting is probably best if you are looking for some fat loss. Remember that diet is a huge part of it to, sometimes more so than exercise.

Is 180-200 grams of protein more or less than you were taking in prior to beginning the program? I wouldn't up my protein levels too much until you have achieved at least part of your desired fat loss. I would suggest cutting back simple and complex carbs as much as you can and still maintain the energy to do what you need to do and to work out. I am not sure what your food options are there, but you can tweak whatever you have to work.

Good luck with the program, and there are many of us here to help when you have more questions.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!