Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #1111
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

That was the longest hockey weekend of my life. I cant beleive how much I drove. The end result was pretty amazing. This group of NorCal 05s went down and smacked around teams from Arizona Alaska and SoCal. Even had to overcome a little BS when certain SoCal Club sent out a mix team of kids from multiple clubs half in practice jerseys with kids from teams we had played already. Still beat them. The boys destroyed the first 4 teams they played but in the 5th game we played at Paramount. An Olympic size sheet with water patches and soft ice. The boys play a quick tape to tape passing game. On the Olympic sheet with bad ice it was a series of miss passes and errors that saw them go down 0-3. They scored 3 in the third to tie it up but then lost in overtime when one of our D man crapped the bed falling down at the point resulting in a breakaway goal. That set up a rematch for the final. The final was a 5-3 win which we largely dominated. 2 goals came when the second string goalie was put it and gave up 2 very very soft goals. As a whole the 2nd team from AZ we played was classes as were the parents and im glad we won. Multiple kids didnt shake hands, they had to be stopped from hitting our kids gear on the ice with their sticks and the parents had a million excuses for the loss. Our kids played clean hockey taking very few penalties all tournament.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 05-27-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote