Thread: Cigar Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #8
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Cigar Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
Welcome! What part of the world are you in? There are some very good cigar shops all over and if someone in your area can point you to one that may be the best choice for right now.
If you can get to a reputable shop, that's where I always suggest people start. If they have a good selection and, more importantly, knowledgeable staff it's best to start there. There are simply too many cigars out there in the world to be able to give a concise answer online. At a shop, you can walk around with the tobacconist and select a sample out of what they recommend, and use that to further narrow down (ex/ "I thought I liked big ring gauges but maybe I want something a little smaller", or "I had written off Niceraguans but I'm glad that guy had me try one, I want to go down that road a little more")

Once you have a better idea of what you like with a little more specifics, you can come back to a place like this and say, or example, "I had a Fuente 898 maduro that was good, but I wanted something slightly wider/longer, is there anything recommended that would be similar?"

I used to love introducing people to cigars back in the day, even if they just wanted to buy one for now but wanted to talk about other ones to try in the future. it's a good time, especially if you can smoke in the shop and narrow down your opinion while there