View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #641
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos.Talavera View Post
How do i get my humidor to the right humidity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane View Post
With a well seasoned humidor and a humidification device it should stabilize around 65 to 70. If you post your current situation I am sure we can help.
As Zane said we need a little more information:

-- What kind of humidor?
-- How big is your humidor?
-- Is it seasoned already?
-- And most important, how OCD are you about this whole thing?

First, the "right" humidity is a matter of personal choice. Some people like sticks wet (>= 70% RH), some like them dry (<= 65% RH).

If you are going to be OCD over this then there are lots of things to do. You can search the threads here -- there is a lot of good information.

If you are not OCD, then season your humidor, get some 65% RH beads (Heartfelt or HCM), get a hygrometer and put it all together and sit back and have a cigar

The one thing I cannot stress enough (regardless of whether or not you are OCD): take the time to properly season your humidor. Do not rush this -- give it at least a week. Preferably two weeks.

(BTW, I don't mean anything negative when I say "OCD"; some people obsess about their cigar storage (OCD) and some don't (not OCD). Don't make a big fuss over cigar storage unless you want to and enjoy making a big fuss over it. Cigars are very resilient.).

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.

Last edited by CigarNut; 01-03-2013 at 07:07 AM.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote