View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: War Between The States Of Mind?

I'm betting that since the NCAA has jurisdiction and control over schools in North Carolina, that they will be held accountable to the NC AG's request. I'm thinking it's the same principle that applies to large corporations doing business in multiple states.

I suspect the NCAA doesn't want this to happen because it will open a spat of actions by all states with sports agent's laws. Plus, if all the crap the NCAA overlooks became public, it would undermine their creditability (like they have any of that left!).

The NCAA DOES NOT have any legal ability to go after sports agents, only the abilities to punish colleges and athletes for actions the sports agents know 100% to be against NCAA rules. Everyone's getting hurt here, except for the ones causing the problems, the sports agents! And, since the NCAA can't go after them, you'd think they would cooperate fully with the states that DO have the ability to go after the agents.

So, why is the NCAA dragging their feet? I'd say: Because the NCAA is just as rotten inside as most all entrenched bureaucracies, and they cannot stand the light of truth shined inside their shaky house of cards! Just an opinion, of course. But I think it's a valid opinion!