OHMatt
Klugs gave me Gurkas

First Name: Matt
Trading: (2)
HdM
OHMatt will become famous soon enough
Default Lesson learned and requesting advice

Howdy Asylum from a long lost stepson.

Generosity to a fellow 'cigar smoker' has taught me a valuable lesson today. I have a coworker who was going camping over the 4th weekend and asked me for advice on cigars, and how to store them for his trip.

I gave him a list of good beginner cigars he could pick up from a store near his house, he said he thanked me and said he was going to stop by on the way home. I decided to help him out further, and the next day I loaned him one of my 15 count Otter boxes containing 5 nice aged cigars.

My coworker used the remaining Otterbox capacity to hold some sort of STRONGLY FLAVORED cherry cigars. When he returned the box today and I opened it, the scent punched me in the face! This smell is truly horrendous, like a mold covered cherry air freshener hanging from a chain-smoking stripper's rear view mirror. I get nauseous thinking about that smell and can't imagine being around one of these actually light up.

So the lesson learned is to ask if someone likes flavored cigars before you go lending them your travel humidor.

Now to request advice: does anyone have any suggestions to deraunchify my otterbox or should I just put it in the circular file? I have the outside all stickered up, so would prefer to keep it if I can save it. I believe treating the foam trays will be more difficult than decontaminating the plastic interior. I have already tried a dish soap twice on the trays. To dry them afterwards I placed a fan to blow through them and now that rancid scent is filling the office. I'm considering trying vinegar, bleach, oxy-clean (and/or). Any suggestions appreciated!

- Matt -
OHMatt is offline   Reply With Quote