View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough
Default Lars Tetens Gorilla Finger

Here is the guy...

Here is the cigar...

Long ago, a promise was made to Mr. Don Fernando. He sent me this choice stick in a bomb many months ago. I promised him at that time that I wouldn't leave Iraq without smoking it. So, wanting to stay good to my word, I put this baby away as my last cigar in that country. I figured I already had a bad taste in my mouth from being there, so the dreaded Lars Gorilla Finger couldn't really cause any more harm.

The pre-light draw on this baby gave off stong smells of mildew and manure. Not the kind of mildew you might smell from a cigar that was over humidified. This cigar stayed in 70/70 for it's whole stay with me. It was just built in flavor for pure enjoyment.

The light went well, and the burn was about as consistent as you'd expect from this tasty treat.

Here I want to add a photo of me smoking this cigar so that there is some verification that I did it.

About halfway through the Lars the mildew flavor had mellowed out but the manure was still running strong. Seriously...yum!

Moving into the last third of this cigar, all flavors had disappeared leaving me with the distinct "ash" flavor that I always love in cigars.

Ever see that guy at the bar right before he vomits?

I nubbed this baby....

So thanks Don, I really enjoyed this one.

In all seriousness, it was a pleasure smoking this. Not for the cigar itself, but because Don has been a great friend to me throughout my time here in CA and CS. It was an honor to smoke this because he sent me other great cigars through friendship. Thanks a great deal.