First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Re: Molecular Sieve Desiccant Bead Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Adsorbents View Post
Hello,
Did you ever get the info you need on Molecular Sieve Desiccant? I have specs for you and let me know if you have any questions. http://www.deltaadsorbents.com/msds.html Customerservice@delataadsorbents.com
He is actually looking for information relative to holding a specific humidity +/- a small percent. So he needs a material that will both absorb when the RH is above the set point and smoothly release when the RH is below the set point. From your material, it appears that your products are absorption only. The process of regeneration appears to be the process for removing the water from the bead, which indicates to me that it locks what it has absorbed and so will have a limit/lifetime. Of course, I may be misinterpreted this statement from the 3A page:

3A Molecular Sieve regenerated and reused. To regenerate the sieve you need to remove the adsorbed moisture and other materials. To regenerate 3A Molecular Sieve heat to 250℃.

The application (humidity control for cigars) does not lend itself to periodically raising the temperatures to 250*C. Still, I really like your product and your MSDS is excellent!