View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Legend

Thumbs down montecristo media noche robusto

This review will be a bit half hearted because I was really looking forward to this smoke and it really disappointed.

Even though I've been smoking a long time montecristo is one of the brands I've avoided. Along with macanudo I viewed them as very mild cigars and as a guy who likes strong smooth cigars. Ist not my type. Well I saw the media noche come out and said to myself ok. I gotta yet that. So I forgot a bunch of times at my lounge to get the single then when I finally remembered they didn't have it. Which is rare. Zarka's has the best humi on the west coast and rarely will you not find a premium you want. So I shared that with Kevin(sts) and being the great guy he is. When he got a few he gave one to me.

So I'm excited. I know montecristo is a quality brand and I'm gonna have my first. I spark up it and I really liked it great smooth taste with a richness that was very good. I'm on a date with my wife so the company and setting is perfect to really enot it. And about 3/4 of an inch in it changes dramatically. It starts to get bitter. I have my wife try and ask the us it just me? But she agrees. Bitter. Then by inch and half in its bland. I finish it hoping for a turn around and nothing.

This cigar started as a smoke I was thinking would end up a high 3. But ends up a legend rating of 2. Yard gar. And for the price is lucky its not a dog rocket.