View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
vzontini
Aspiring Cigar Geek

First Name: Vincent
Trading: (0)
vzontini is on a distinguished road
Default Arturo Fuente Anejo No. 55

This review is about the Arturo Fuente Anejo No. 55 torpedo. The Anejo's are limited and only come out once per year. This one is from last year near Father's Day so it's has been in my humidor for about 9 months.

The cigar is wrapped in cedar and celo with a special label.

The wrapper is dark maduro and this one had some nice plume (sorry it is hard to see in my crappy phone shots). Construction was great. It burned evenly the entire length with no touch-ups. The burn line was almost non-existent as you can see in the pictures.

The head is tightly packed with tobacco so I had to cut a bit more than I usually for the draw I like. In the end the dry draw was even and just right. The whole cigar smelled strongly of aged tobacco with a hint of sweetness.

For the first third you can really tell this is an aged cigar. Even though it has nice flavor it is exceptionally smooth. Goes through the nose with no burn at all. Nice tobacco flavors.

On the second third a bit more complexity with some added leather and strong dark chocolate. Still very smooth

On the last third it got a bit peppery but never bitter. I smoked it to a nub, but here is the last picture which was a bit before that point.

At all times the cigar easily held an inch or so of ash. I'm smoking indoors so I usually don't test it since I'm lazy and don't want to pull out the dust buster. LOL.

This was a very nice stick that shows its aging and the care put into it. I've got a couple more of these to hold me over until this Father's Day and hope to pickup a different size this year to try something new. It's been too long so I don't remember the price but I think about $12.
vzontini is offline   Reply With Quote