View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 02:56 PM   #11
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Re: Time for a change...

Steve, I am 55 years old. I have been in printing and publishing since I was 15. 40 years! It's all I've known. I am in the same place as you. But I have a family to take care of. A daughter with type 1 diabetes that must be covered with insurance. If it wasn't for that, I'd walk out tomorrow with no safety net of another job. Between my wife and I we have over $200K in the bank. Most of that is accessible assets. But it would never be enough to gamble my future on. My wife and I used to have a wedding business. Did it for 22 years. We got burned out and sold everything. It was humbling seeing every dollar we made went 35% in some kind of tax. I am looking and will always be looking so long as I'm here. I wouldn't recommend you jump without a safety net. I especially wouldn't touch catering with a 10 1/2 foot pole, especially in these uncertain times.