View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #23
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A shining example of poor customer service!

I guess i see both sides to this story:

1. If this order was just made through the mail, based upon the website list, then I think the purchaser made a risk by just writing a check for $100.00 assuming that would cover the cost of shipping (I hope I read the posts right).

2. I think Boswell should have attempted a phone call (if a number was included in the order- was it?). Boswell should have verified the best course of action- maybe the purchaser would have sent some extra money to cover everything.

3. The Boswell site does not make any indication that they would accept mail orders, or even accept checks. They describe the tobacco blends, pipes, and how they ship, but give no cost for shipping. I think the risk was on the purchaser if he did not call in the order. Still, Boswell should have called (if they had a return number to call).

I ordered the CA Club Pipe last year from Boswell and had a great experience with them. They are not a online powerhouse, and do not do online orders. Like I said before, I can see both sides on this issue.
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote