Old 03-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Graycliff Crystal Pirate

6-7 years ago these and a few other cigars (Fuente, Padron Annies, Opus etc) were in my mind "the specials" that I pulled out when the occasion warranted. A super premium cigar priced that way and in my memories a consistently better than normal every day smokes.

Well... my normal everyday smokes have changed a bit. Pulled open the NC singles drawer looking for a change of pace lunchtime cigar today. Saw the section with these in it, smiled and grabbed 2 for Sam and I to smoke at lunch. These were from 2003 or 2004.

It burned perfectly the entire length. A beautifully made cigar. Obvious that the craftsmanship, materials and care were top notch in putting this cigar together.

The flavors? My mouth loved this cigar. Leaves a wonderful aftertaste that is rich and unique. Lots of saliva generated either through fact or power of suggestion. I read long ago that they put a leaf called "grecian" that supposedly stimulates the saliva glands on the sides of your tongue in these.

The nasal exhale was a disappointment. Harsh and .. well harsh. Mouth only? One of the better and more unique cigars. When judged by how I smoke today, (Nasal exhale) it is a difficult cigar to enjoy as you can only let a bit out or it becomes unpleasant.

Overall, a great cigar that is not designed for the way I choose to smoke any more.

I guess the moral of the story is.. you can go back, but things are never the same.