View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #11
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cigar-like tobacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrated View Post
Eggzactly!

I'm down to about 2 or 3 cigars a month nowadays... but 2 or 3 bowls a day. I usually resort to a cigar when I'm on the move or doing something that makes pipe smoking difficult or inappropriate.
I figured, when I first picked up a pipe for a serious pass at the sport, that it couldn't be great if it didn't taste like a cigar, somehow, someway. So I was gifted a little Virginia SPice and, yep, there was the cigat taste floating ion and out. I got disabused of the notion that cigar+pipe=good on my first bowl of Escudo. Boing! Wow.

While there are several cigarleaf pipe tobaks, the couple I tried seemed to diminish rather than enhance the quality of the smoke. Now this is just my personal taste and no disrespect meant to folks who like cigarleaf pipe tobak, of whom there must be at leasdt seven or eight.

So, fact remains that Thursday night was a regular goll'danged cigar orgy over in Fayetteville and I did my share of cigar smoking, by golly. And the Moo-House herf yesterday (with friends SmokeyJoe, BudPrince, Brave Dave Nathan, BarneyBandMan & BarneysFunGirl) put me right in the middle of some serious cigar enjoyment. But for the same reason I wouldn't like a latakia cigar, I would be disgusted if my favorite briar was cigar-ghosted.

Last edited by Mister Moo; 11-02-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Mister Moo is offline   Reply With Quote