Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #291
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I liken this show to LOST in a lot of ways. You CAN'T take away the sheer majesty and scope of the show, and it
is nicely done, but it's almost like they are suckering you in for a payoff that never comes.
Its really not as bad as
Lost was for that, but it's at least as bad as 5-6 episodes of Greene Family Farm-Walking Dead.

That said, I am two episodes behind, so I take care of that tonight.
Yeah I agree, it's a huge show of epic proportions. Which is why I don't understand the 10 episodes per season and wasting precious time with filler. They really have so little time to deal with and evolve the characters. They really need 14-18 shows per season IMHO. It just doesn't feel right sometimes, like right when it gets interesting it's over. Which is pretty much exactly what you were saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
You should read the books... the show is like a vacation in that regard... they left out at least 50% of characters that have an impact in the book. Seriously, while the show has a lot, the book is crazy with it.
Yeah that's what I have been told. I might look into it. Not really a big reader though.